Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, November 19, 2011

Info Post







Nebulae


in constellation Cygnus







A two panel mosaic, bicolor composition from H-alpha (Red) and O-III (Green & Blue).


This combination is very close to a visual spectrum.






A two panel mosaic of H-alpha emission alone.




I noticed, that my two projects, Cirrus of Cygnus and Butterfly to Crescent, are partly overlapping.


I will shoot couple of more panels to build a six panel mosaic from this area, when ever the weather allows me to do so...


I wen trough my raw images for Butterfly to Crescent project and I noticed, there was a one O-III frame usable, others was destroyed by speeding clouds. I processed the O-III frame and made a bicolor mosaic composition at top.








Technical details:





Processing work flow:


Image acquisition, MaxiDL v5.07.


Stacked and calibrated in CCDStack2.


Deconvolution with a CCDStack2 Positive Constraint, 33 iterations, added at 40% weight


Levels, curves and color combine in PS CS3.





Optics, Canon EF 200mm camera lens at f1.8


Camera, QHY9


Image Scale, ~5 arcseconds/pixel


Guiding, Meade LX200 GPS 12" and a Lodestar guider


Filter, Baader 7nm H-alpha and Baader O-III 8,5nm





Exposures for two panels,


Panel 1(Left), 


H-a, 6x600s Binned 1x1


O-III, 1x300s Binned 2x2


Panel 2(Right), 


H-a, 4x900s Binned 1x1


O-III, 6x300s Binned 3x3













0 comments:

Post a Comment