Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, December 18, 2009

Info Post












This image has coused a lots of trouble to me. At one point I was thinking what's the point of doing this!



Let's face it, my equipments are a big pile of crap. Everything is faling a parts and I'm spending more time to fixing things than actually imaging.



It's not a picnic to spend two hours outside and soldering when it's very windy and temperature drops to -26 celsius. (-15F). I really need better instruments if I'm going to continue this "hobby" (read addiction) now everything is put to gether from self made solutions and cheapest possible parts.



-



Ok, here is a image after all, not a perfect one though. I started this project at the end of the last month and I collected last photons 16.12. I collected 42 x 1200s of H-alpha light, that's a 14 hours.



Due the technical problems I was able to use only 6 x 1200s, Two hours, of them!



-



Images are in my Portfolio with less compression, Please, have a look HERE.



-




Processing work flow:


Image acquisition, MaxiDL v5.07.


Stacked and calibrated in CCDStack.


Deconvolution with a CCDSharp, 30 iterations.


Levels, curves and color combine in PS CS3.


-


Telescope, Meade LX200 GPS 12" @ f4.65


Camera, QHY9


Guiding, SXV-AO @ 11Hz


Image Scale, 0,8 arcseconds/pixel


Exposures:


H-alpha 6x1200s Binned 1x1


O-III 3x600s, binned 3x3


S-II 4x1200s, binned 1x31




0 comments:

Post a Comment