Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Info Post

this is a start of the long project.

my goal is to capture enough photons from this dim object to

be able to reveal its beauty.

This is a supernova remant in Taurus & Auriga.

The angular diameter of the object is huge, about 200'x180'!

Thats about 8 full Moon diameters. Doe the large size

the surfage brightness is very low, I think, I'll need least

20 hours of exposures to capture this well.


Last night I had problems with frost and I was not able to see

it before image processing. All the frames are practically useless.
You can see big bloated stars, even in small image.

How ever, I put small image here just for example.

There is both normal H-alpha image and inverted one.


exposures ( with frost in optics)

4 x 2700 s

3 x 900 s
FD 200mm f2.8 lens, QHY8, guiding QHY5 and LX200 GPS 12"
(This large object and the 200mm lens are very good match.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment